MILE MARKER PARTY RENTALS
Coordination by Jill Atkinson
Wedding Coordinator Responsibilities
Includes the event package of your choice, as well as event day support that consists of, but is not limited to, the following:
♦ Complete facilitation of wedding rehearsal which includes instruction on usher seating, family seating, wedding party processional, ceremony, wedding party recessional, and family recessional.
♦ Liaisons with florist, photographer, videographer, musicians, soloists, minister, and ceremony participants upon arrival regarding specific duties and distributes event timelines to all wedding professionals
♦ Assists wedding party with pinning boutonnieres and corsages
♦ Assists families with pinning of boutonnieres and corsages
♦ Works with photographer to ensure that pre-ceremony pictures adhere to the predetermined event timeline
♦ Liaisons with program/guest book/gift attendants upon arrival regarding duties
♦ Liaisons with groomsmen and/or ushers regarding proper etiquette for guest seating and pre-seating of family and guests
♦ Cues pre-ceremony music
♦ Gathers all family and wedding party attendants and places them in line for formal processional of ceremony
♦ Ensures that maid and/or matron of honor has groom's ring and that bride has relocated engagement ring to right hand
♦ Ensures that best man has bride's ring
♦ Cues candle lighting by groomsmen and/or ushers
♦ Cues musicians and participants for family seating processional music
♦ Cues musicians and participants for wedding/bridal party processional music
♦ Cues musicians, bride, and escort for bride's ceremony processional
♦ Adjusts train and/or veil of bride upon entrance
♦ Works with photographer to ensure that post-ceremony pictures adhere to the predetermined event timeline
♦ Liaisons with guest book attendant to ensure that guest book, pen, toss bouquet, etc. are transferred to reception site
♦ Gather's any extra programs, unity candle, etc. from ceremony site
♦ Liaisons with caterer and reception entertainment and reviews script for announcements and reception activities
♦ Ensures that the reception site is set up properly and that the cake/s have arrived and are in place
♦ Liaisons with bride/groom/wedding party/family regarding announcement/s into reception, places them in line for announcements, and ensures that announcements go smoothly
♦ Coordinates all special dances with reception entertainment and all special dance participants
♦ Notifies caterer, photographer, videographer, reception entertainment, and all other appropriate wedding professionals of cake cutting
♦ Cues reception entertainers of cake cutting and toast announcement to guests
♦ Cues guests giving toasts
♦ Ensures that caterer prepares "going away" basket of food for bride and groom
♦ Gathers bags, food, etc. that will leave with the couple and ensures that they are placed in departure vehicle
♦ Displays favors/memorabilia to distribute to guests at the end of the event
♦ Ensures that photographer, videographer, and reception entertainment are prepared for couple's departure
♦ Works with reception entertainment to facilitate bouquet/garter toss and departure of couple
♦ Supervises collection of all gifts, bridal memorabilia and/or supplies (guest book and pen, cake knife or service, disposable cameras, baskets, bridal bouquet, centerpieces, extra programs, extra favors and memorabilia, etc.) and ensures that all items are loaded into "designated" vehicles
Thank you, I Look forward to making your day special, Beautiful and Fun!!
10. Sounding Board - Wedding planners are a huge creative resource. They listen to your vision and dreams for your wedding and bring their creativity to the process to help your vision come alive.
9. Big Picture - When you pick a venue they often give you a "wedding coordinator" from the venue to help coordinate the day. This person is NOT the same as an independent planner. He or she is the venue's catering manager and their job is to make sure that everything having to do with the facilities runs smoothly. While they are helpful, they do not cover the scope of what your independent planner does.
8. Budgeting - Wedding planners have been in the industry for some time. They know what things should cost and the difference in value. Your wedding planner can help you navigate the often confusing waters of wedding industry price tags and balance your budget around your priorities.
7. Enjoyable Process - I've observed so many brides through the process of planning their wedding and when they do it without a professional planner, oftentimes by the time the wedding comes around, the process has been so stressful that they just can't wait for it to be over.
6. Mediator - A good planner serves as a buffer in tricky relational situations. It's a known fact that it's impossible to make everyone happy when planning a wedding. A planner is a safe neutral person to point to for direction.
5. Timeline - Your wedding day will involve numerous vendors who need to work together to insure that the day goes smoothly. A planner understands how each vendor relies on the others and serves as the team captain who coordinates the complexities of the timeline with all its moving parts.
4. Knowledge Base - This is likely your first time planning a wedding. Planners have been in the industry for years and are experts in protocol, etiquette and everything it takes to pull off an event of such magnitude.
3. Background - In addition to possessing a wealth of knowledge, planners have been in the industry long enough to know who the players are. Which vendors can be trusted and who has the best business practices. A referral from someone who has roots in the industry is golden when you're having to place such a high level of trust in vendors you previous experience with.
2. Save - I have had the planners I've worked with tell me that they can actually help their clients save enough money on their wedding to cover the cost of hiring them! How awesome is that?
1. Stress Reduction - The difference in the stress level of a bride who has a professional planner and one who doesn't is palpable. When it comes to the day of your wedding, the most important thing is that you are able to relax and enjoy it. You are the bride. You don't want to end up being the point person for issues and questions that will inevitably arise. Hiring a planner frees you and everyone you love to live in the moment on your wedding day.